Planetary Conjunctions from June 18th to 20th

All shot with the Nikon D3200 and 70-300mm lens.

June 18th - Jupiter and Venus. With lots of cloud approaching, I shot this while the sky was still very light, and didn't spot Jupiter until I got the image on the laptop screen.

conjunction10.jpg

June 19th - Jupiter, Venus and the three day Moon. Again, lots of clouds approaching, and ended up shooting this when the sky was really far too light. Jupiter was so faint that I had to use a Stellarium overlay to confirm its position on the image.

conjunction11.jpg

June 20th - Jupiter, Venus and the four day Moon. I looked out earlier in the evening and there was lots of cloud about, so gave up on the idea of catching a good image of the conjunction. Then, later in the evening, I saw on the Newcastle Astro Facebook page that someone said the Moon looked great that night. I rushed out with the camera, and caught this first shot with the Moon just visible above the houses.

conjunction12.jpg

June 20th - Jupiter, Venus and the four day Moon. As the Moon got lower and out of view, I ran upstairs and hung out of the spare bedroom window to get this second shot.

conjunction13.jpg

Archived