Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars Mission?

AstroJacob

This was asked a while back, think the majority thought there was in effect no chance of it.

Many questioned what the real intention was behind the people pushing the idea.

They seem to be "selecting" people but there is no vehical to get there and developing one of them takes time, and by the time one is available/developed the selected people will likely be too old. Suppose NASA do not feel like taking an old shuttle, making it work and giving them it do they ??

Its a nice idea, but I think as Ronin says -they don't even have a launch vehicle! Bit of a stumbling block that! However, I am 38 years old and I think I may live to see men setting foot on Mars before I die! I just don't think it will immediately lead to a permanent base there. The moon perhaps, but not Mars just yet.

Yea, I think in my life time a man/women ( don't want to offend ) will set foot on the surface of the mars. I am only 15 so I have awhile to live. Heck what do you know that man might be me lol ;) thanks for the comments keep em coming I like hearing ideas.

Archived