Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Grab and go scope

Paulibbo

Which C6 the refractor or reflector? The refractor would be the better of the two for planets, would be fine on DSOs too. It would also give higher magnifications as the reflector at 750mm FL is more a low power wide field scope.

I own a Skymax 127 which is a Maksutov - the Omni 127 is an SCT. The Max 127 gives great sharp contrasty images of the Moon and planets plus reasonable resolution of the brighter DSOs. The SCT should give very similar views.

By the way David Hinds is selling the C6 XLT on a CG5 mount for £509. The larger aperature is worth considering. I have used the Nexstar GOTO version - the tube has the same spec and was impressed with the scope (the GOTO mount is good too).

As gets said often on SGL all scopes are a compromise somewhere - I would say using any one of the scopes would be enjoyable - even the newt.

Scotastro

Archived