NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A couple of quick Q's....

I was imaging M101 and M63 last night. I plan to go back to M101 tonight as I only got about 35 mins of 5 min subs.

Can I add the new subs to the existing subs and process as one group in DSS, or do I have to add them as new grouip?

Secondly, I only got 7 darks, for technical reasons (I'm rubbish! Lol), If I get more darks tonight, can I add them to the existing seven and treat them as one group in DSS, or, again, do I have to include them in a new group?

Many thanks in advance for your help, Tim.

Can I add the new subs to the existing subs and process as one group in DSS, or do I have to add them as new grouip?

You can add them to the existing group. The only difficulty that can arise is if you have gradients in the images that are different from night to night (position of the Moon?) but generally this works fine.

Secondly, I only got 7 darks, for technical reasons (I'm rubbish! Lol), If I get more darks tonight, can I add them to the existing seven and treat them as one group in DSS, or, again, do I have to include them in a new group?

Again you could add them to the existing group but the proviso now is that the temperature is similar between the two sessions.

With your combined 'issues' I'd be tempted to consider them as two runs, calibrate them with their own darks and then compare the two final images. If the two look very similar, stack 'em together!

You can add them to the existing group. The only difficulty that can arise is if you have gradients in the images that are different from night to night (position of the Moon?) but generally this works fine.

Again you could add them to the existing group but the proviso now is that the temperature is similar between the two sessions.

With your combined 'issues' I'd be tempted to consider them as two runs, calibrate them with their own darks and then compare the two final images. If the two look very similar, stack 'em together!

Thanks...

This is a heavily cropped and overprocessed image of the Pinwheel subs. 7 X 5min iso 800. I'll get more data tonight but I'm pleased so far with it. The guiding is working great! 

The only thing is that I have introduced a gradient through the flats, I think. I'll get there in the end! Maybe...

post-35654-0-98011800-1433419121_thumb.j

Archived