NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR Noise reduction

Thanks Olly, will look into that dither option.

In my short experience with processing I try not to push anything to hard, if I can help it.

I have followed a few tutorials that included noise reduction but the results are not so good.

So now I just give my data some ACDNR in PI and some Noel Carboni deepsky stuff in PS.

ACDNR in PI and the Deep Space NR in PS is what I prefer to do as well. I also find that doing NR in the linear stage such as TGV DeNoise is a real pain in the .... and for me at least the results are not very good as it leads to a lot uneven smearing in the later stages. The Multi scale Linear Transform applied sparingly in the Linear stage and a  decent dose of ACDNR after stretching gives acceptable results for me if the data is not too noisy which regrettably for me it nearly always is.

A.G

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you do, NR must be scaled to signal strength. Global NR is an absolute no-no. Remember that ours is a game of signal to noise. Lots if signal means less noise and, whatever yu call it, NR is a blurring process. Don't blur what does not need blurring. Strong signal does not need it.

Olly

Archived