Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Excited for RS-232 cables and a good clear night

Recently a friend let me borrow/store his Nexstar 114gt, I have loaded Stellarium and Firecapture on my wifes laptop for control of the telescope and for capture from my modified quickcam pro 9000.

I have only to wait for the cables to get this all started

as for stellarium i have programmed my current EP's and my Camera information ( which took forever to find out )

the camera had a built in IR filter that i was able to isolate from the focuser and have fixxed it directly over the sensor with tiny bits of hot glue.  the histogram balenced after this tiny piece of glass was in place  YAY!

i have to wait for a day that i can test it to see if the pink/purple hue to the image has been corrected for daylight images. i hope so

the only issues i have so far, is how much exposure and gain i should use when i get viewing heavenly objects, or is it dependant on telescope, seeing, LP, and sensor? or is there a simple set this to XX and that to XX?

Archived