NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Moon Photo

This was my first attempt at using registax to improve a video recorded through my modified webcam, any tips, suggestions on how to improve it? Also does anybody have any wavelet sets that they recommend using? I can't seem to find a decent setting:(21_19_11 2nd.bmp

That is nice :)

The key to wavelets is to do enough to bring out the detail, but not to get carried away (as is so easy to do) and over cook it so everything looks pin sharp but just false.

Can you stack your data and then save it without adjusting the wavelets and post it here, then someone might be able to load it into Registax and play with the wavelets and take a screen shot of the sort of settings they have used on your data?

I think you should do a mosaic of the moon. It is much easier than it sounds. Just capture enough panels to cover the whole moon; looking at your image here I guess you'd need 10-20 panels; stack them all separately, then load them all into microsft ICE and it does it for you - hey presto a whole moon in massive detail :)

James

Okay I'll try that some time, I'll upload it a bit later. I see some people choose a few frames to stack not the whole video, how do you choose a few of them? My videos are of the moon drifting through it so not all of the frames are good.

I can't see signatures; what scope and mount are you using?

In registax, there is a box on the left towards the bottom, and you can select something like "use best %" option and then enter a number in the free text box entering i guess between 0 and 100 (%). Depends how many frames you have (it says at the bottom), and how good they are - if you've got 200 excellent frames imd probably use 80% of the best; if you have 2000 frames and most are poor, i might go for 50% of best or less... Very much trial and error.

If you din't have a tracking mount, then it will be harder.

Do you have a DSLR you could attach to the scope?

James

Archived