Nearly there.

Nearly there, and my nose has just grown another inch.  I said I would not collect a full set of Delos and I lied, the last one, 17.3mm arrived this morning. This leads me to make another statement I will not collect a full set of Ethos, I don't have a use for the 3.7mm (nose growing again) So that leaves me with the following on my want list.

4.7mm Ethos, going to have to be a new one.

27mm Panoptic, just missed one last month on here.

5mm XO I am not going to hold my breath for this one but who knows one day.

It's a bit humid but clear so maybe the it will get some use tonight on Jupiter in the 12 inch, though generally the seeing is not good with this type of weather.

Alan

Good luck with finding those Alan. I don't think I've ever seen a 4.7mm Ethos for sale used so I think you are probably going to have to get that one new unless you are a very patient Man :smiley:

Did you go for a 3.5mm Delos then, as you have a set ?

John,

I got the 3.5mm about 18 months ago maybe a bit more, with it being short it doesn't get out much which I guess you know with having a 3mm Radian. To get the best out of this pair I really need a short FL scope, I was going to get a 90mm 600mm F/L APO from TS before I fell out with them.

I did do a review on the 3.5mm against my friends Pentax XW and had to conceed the Pentax was my favourite of the two but it was by so small a margin. I really feel given what I have seen recently between 15mm Plossl and 14mm Delos, one night one is best, next it's the other way around, if I matched the two again i may well come up with a different result.

Alan

Archived