NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

please, please, please.... does anyone have experience with this polar scope?

Hello! First off being a newb and only having a polar scope for about 2 weeks I have no idea what's going on, my reticle is nothing like the ones I see on any of the tutorials. (See photo of mine) I want to know if anyone has or is using the same style of polar scope as me as I can't be the only person with it!

I've done the hole align to the RA axis and everything bit its when it gets dark and I'm like "OK! Now what!"

The polar scope came with no instructions and there is nothing online.

Please advise if anyone knows anything about it.

Thank you.

Just to add its for my eq3-2 mount.

post-41658-0-34342700-1431607984_thumb.j

Someone else told me that, I got it off telescopes direct, god knows why a UK based company is selling the wrong hemisphere polar scope and listing it as 'works in both hemisphere's' shame I dont use eBay. Will have to email the company again and try and get a new one.

The only one there is octans, a few dates in years and the clock, on every other site selling it it says works in both hemisphere's, I can't for the life of me find any instructions or anyone with the same style reticle as mine. It boggles the mind aha

Yeah its the same, the reticle fell out first time I used it and had nothing else. Apart from what is seen in the picture.

All that came in the box was a bit of paper saying this is the new style polar axis finder and its easier to use. I think someone lied on that bit of paper aha

I took out the grub screw's to fit thumb screw's and it dropped out. Wanted it straight in line with the RA time scale. Which it now is but still no idea how to use it. The people at skywatcher must think we all have a degree in astronomy.

Its etched in to the glass on mine so I shouldn't think so, but thanks for the thoughts. I want to see what's the longest exposure time I can get with my mount but at the moment that is only 1 minute. With a I'm not sure if this is right alignment.

I've been thinking. I bet you have displaced an internal field stop inside the polar scope. It'll be a simple ring and it has fallen down inside the tube obscuring the outside of the alignment image

Out of interest, if you look through the scope the wrong way, what can you see? Or if you shine a torch into the 'sky' end of the tube?

Richard

They said it must be down to a factory error, who knows what error it was but thankfully I now know I've got the wrong type. Hopefully I will receive the replacement on good time and on a clear night. Or is that asking for to much aha.

Archived