NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very first attempts

I have just dug my old Meade ETX-105 out of the cupboard, and have been fiddling with it the past few nights. Whilst dodging clouds tonight I had a couple of minutes of clear sky so grabbed my Panasonic G3 (4/3 camera) with a 14mm F2.5 and fired away hand held, suprised that I acually got an image out of it.

On the camera front I have the Lumix G3, and a Nikon D90, I am wary about bolting the D90 on the back of the ETX because of the weight, but the 4/3 cameras are a lot lighter. I have the T-mount adapter for the back of the scope, and one for the camera on order, need to get a cable release as well. Other option is to try a webcam and have a go at stacking, need to read up whats the current kit to use. So here we have a badly hand held picture of Jupiter, falls apart when cropped, but quiet pleased as it was all very rushed.

06May2015%2BJupiter%2B%281%2Bof%2B1%29.j

I'd say for a quick shot thats hand held, thats a great 1st attempt. I've yet to get into the astrophotography world being that I just got my scope a few weeks back but I'm getting excited to test out my D7000.

Archived