Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rother valley optics scope cover

I recently bought a Celestron 6"SCT, which resides in my garage when not in use.

Despite the fact that my garage is clean and tidy, like all garages it is prone to letting dust in. Naturally I wanted to prevent dust getting all over my new scope!

I have been using a bin bag but it is tricky to put on, isn't a very good fit and to be honest felt a bit cheap having spent a lot of money on the scope!

I looked around for "proper" scope covers and settled on a cover under the Rother Valley Optics own brand for £35 as all the competing products seemed to be either more expensive or did not look to be of the same quality.

The cover arrived today and I am very impressed!

The quality of the plastic material that it is made of was far thicker and more heavy duty than I expected - and the stitching and overall quality is excellent .

I had low expectations of how well it would fit as the smallest covers that RVO supply are for an 8" SCT which I though would swamp my scope but the fit is surprisingly good and the cover comfortably fits over the scope and 90% of the tripod, leaving just the lower metre or so of the legs exposed .

RVO make it clear online and on the scope packaging that it is only suitable as a dust cover and to protect the scope against dew and a few drops of rain but they make it clear that it is most definitely not an all - weather cover.

If you are after a cover to protect your scope when it is in your shed, garage or observatory when not in use then I can't recommend one of these highly enough.

Archived