Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargazing box/ obsy / shelter 2.0

Bubbles82

Bit of an update today I have cleared the site removed the shed and knocked down the block work that was around the pier. I'm now thinking that the framework I'm planning on putting down will need supporting with blocks. I am wondering if the breeze blocks I removed today would be suitable to raise the frame off the floor? I know breeze blocks are good at taking compression but wondered if they would be suitable for this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So thanks to some really helpful members, I now realise that my engineering background is making me overthink a lot of this. My problem has not been the concept of a roll off shed but one that will last. I've considered lots of stupid things from what the wheels should be made from,for example I know lots of rubber types don't do well in the cold and perish and break up. This is just how I'm wired every time I do anything I think like this for example after buying my first house last year and having to have it rewired I decided whilst chasing the walls I would put all the cables in the walls for tv and satellite, this now means that I have cable for sky, Virgin media, bt and Ethernet in separate trunking incase I change suppliers in the future. So I will finish this post with a big thank you to all who have replied to my seemingly obvious questions and will be back with a design to post up looking for some feedback

Archived