SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Catching planets in the making

'For many years, astronomers have had a clear, though ever-evolving, picture of how planets are born. It starts with a disk of dust swirling around a newborn star, and then gradually the dust particles stick together to form ever-larger pieces--grains, pebbles, boulders, protoplanets and ultimately planets.'

Get the full story at:

http://www.physorg.com/news126794742.html

Steve..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for posting this. I've always felt that the current model of solar system development leaves a little to be desired, so it's nice to see some research from an alternate system. Papers like this form loads of questions in my mind, but I'll refrain from asking them until I at least make an effort to try and find the answers for myself..

I'll refrain from asking them until I at least make an effort to try and find the answers for myself..

Ask away, someone on here will have a go at answering your questions, or at least point you in the right direction.

Steve..

Archived