Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD Sharp for R,G and B images - process order

Morning All,

I have several RGB subs for the M3 globular cluster I want to process. Reading up it seems a good idea to deconvolve using CCD sharp.

This uses FITS files and not my usual TIF output from Deep Sky Stacker which I the process in Photoshop.

Am I right in thinking I should..

1. Stack the R subs in DSS, output as FITS, CCD sharp deconvolve, but then will it allow me to save it as a TIF file for Photoshop? Do I install FITS liberator to do this?

2. Repeat for G and B

3. Combine as usual in Photoshop.

Many thanks

CCD Sharp needs fits files that are 16 bit (NOT IEEE) to be able to load them in CCD Sharp.  I don't use DSS so I am not sure if you can save your stacked image in 16 bits (NOT IEEE) format.  CCD Sharp will only save an image as 16 bit fits.  You will need to use the Fits Liberator to convert the image to Tiff for Photoshop.  While I only use CCD Sharp on the Luminous Image, I don't see why your procedure won't work.

As for using CCD Sharp, I frequently use it for deconvolution, and like it.

Jim

Archived