Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How do you document your gazing sessions?

toftm

Hi.

I keep simple notes of my observation sessions in what my friends call my 'nerd book!' I hasten to add they not into astronomy. ;-) It is just a small notebook but I have found recording observations to be invaluable. Do the usual things such as record date, time started and ended, where observing from and with whom, seeing conditions and equipment using etc. Used to do outline of constellation to map where object found which really aided learning. Now more experienced just tend to record Messier/NGC numbers etc but always add comments on what I've seen. I sometimes do small sketches mostly from memory. Looking back over my notes I have realised how much progress I have made. It also makes it easier to remember specific observing sessions. Glad recorded from very start. Would recommend to do to everyone. :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived