Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron vs Apollo Quantum 4 15x70

Pugzilla

HI,

I'm looking to buy my first binoculars.

I've been looking at the 15x70 Celestron vs Apollo Quantum 4.

Helios Apollo is out of my budget range.

I've read bad things about the Celestron build quality.

Is the Quantum 4 worth the extra cost?

Thanks

I have both Quantum 4 and Revelation Astro 15x70s.  The Revs are the same as Celestron I think.

I prefer the Quantums which I bought used after owning the Revelations for a long while (Q4 are sharper, clearer, seem brighter, have a very definite circular edge to the view - not sure if this is the same as a field stop in an eyepiece) but for the money, the Revs have been a good companion...I don't use them anymore & will be moving them on, but they did give me many great nights.

The Quantums are solidly built with a much higher build quality, but the weight is significantly more...much easier as said to handhold the Rev/Celestron.

If you have the funds - buy the Quantums, if not, the Revelation/Celestron......as to Apollo's, in another thread I posted that I thought the Quantums would be at least approaching Apollo's in quality ( I thought 85% ish maybe) but another member (sorry, can't remember who) was of the definite opinion they were nowhere near...

Sigh...still, as a stopgap to buying Apollo's I'm happy enough with my Quantums, though tantalised with wondering about that step up to Apollonian heights :)

Archived