NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help please.

I have a skywatcher heritage 130p dobsonian. When I first got it and used it I was able to set it up easily and I looked at the moon and Jupiter with it. To view Jupiter I just put the eye piece in and had to focus  a little bit and I could just to say see it.

Havent used it much since last year, now when I use it I cant see anything except a large fuzzy arc. when I adjust the focus it turns as far as it can go. I got the 2 eye pieces and I bought a barlow lens, nothing seems to work.

anyone else had this problem? what am I not doing?

I adjusted the length it pulls out but that didn't do anything :sad:  :sad: :sad:  :sad:  

Does anything look like it has moved?

Thinking the main mirror but more likely the secondary.

Perhaps take the eyepiece out and look through the focuser - is the secondary in view and looks circular, does the main mirror appear to be central?

After that something is in there that should not be, or something is not in that should be. :rolleyes:

Is the focuser capable of accepting a 2" eyepiece (doubt it but will ask).

If so is there a 2" adaptor in the focuser, if so remove it and put only the 1.25" adaptor in the focuser with the eyepiece.

For transport/storage the 1.25" adaptor will fit in the 2" adaptorand it all looks right, but only 1 of them should be present when observing. It is a dirty trick.

Does the blurry image seem to get better or worse if you wind the focuser outwards?

Just gives an idea of what may be wrong.

the whole set up is the same, the only thing I remove when I store it away is the red dot finder. the focus doesn't seem to get better which ever way I turn it. I don't think I have an adapter, just the 2 eye pieces which go on the focus and a barlow lens

It is the small mirror up at the top of the scope, inline (hopefully) with the focuser. It is set at 45 degrees.

Didn't think the scope took 2" eyepieces but safer to ask.

Is the scope a solid tube or a truss that extends out ? (sorry best I can describe)

If it is a truss type then is it pulled all the way out ?

(I will go look it up)

Looked, and that has to be a flimsey design - check that it is fully extended outwards, it may be catching before the correct length is achieved.

I apologise in advance for asking this question, but you have pulled the top bit with the focuser and secondary out from the main body haven't you?

Just that the storage position is the things pushed in and the thought crossed my mind that you may have rushed back to the scope and forgotten about it and not pulled it out. Lets face it with the scope collapsed it still looks normalish. It actually then resembles a solid tube reflector.

As said apologies as you will think I am nuts asking but believe me worse has happened.

Someone left the lower dust caps on their eyepieces, the things still went in the focuser but all they got was a white blur.

Haha Sounds like something I could of missed but yes I did pull it out it's always the first thing I do before putting the red dot finder on, I'll have a try next time with the secondary mirror and see how I go

Archived