NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

qhy , handset ?

The handset does not have the computing power nor the resident software to process the data from the camera and supply movement data what is in effect to itself.

The handsets are actually quite old hardware now (20 years?), they likely use 8 bit processors and a few k of memory. They are not 32 or 64 bit processors and they do not know what gigabyte means never mind have it available to them. When tey cam out the intenet did not exist, a 540 meg harddrive was top of the range.

helloo everyone , do any of you know if its possible to guide an eq mount , by plugging a qhy5 into the handset ? 

You can plug the qhy5 into the ST4 guide port on the mount. The camera won't do it by itself!  You have to send commands to the camera to control the ST4 port.  I believe Phd will do that but the obvious way to do it is to get Phd to control the mount via the handset.

helloo everyone , do any of you know if its possible to guide an eq mount , by plugging a qhy5 into the handset ? 

No it is not possible with the usual hobby grade mounts. QHY 5 acquires a guide star, this image is sent to the guiding software such as PHD, EQMOD etc operating on a PC or a laptop. The guide software, PHD/ EQMOD calibrates the mount to see how the star moves relative to the mount orientation and then locks on to the star. It then calculates the centroid of the guide star  and measures its movement relative to the position of the centroid with sub pixel accuracy allowing for some pre specified  tolerance and then issues correction commands to the RA and DEC motors of the mount either through the ST4 port or via a relay such as GPUSB to bring the star back to its original locked position. This, as Ronin mentioned requires a fair bit of processing power and the use of multiple USB ports. Hope this helps.

A.G

You can plug the qhy5 into the ST4 guide port on the mount. The camera won't do it by itself!  You have to send commands to the camera to control the ST4 port.  I believe Phd will do that but the obvious way to do it is to get Phd to control the mount via the handset.

... ok , I have an qhy5 guider , I have a laptop , I have phd .. my question (if you would care to read it ) is can you use the st4 port on the handset to guide ?   I don't have a st4 port on the mount

what ?     I did not mention st4 port on the mount , I asked if you knew if it could plugged into the st4 port on the handset ?   obviously the camera wont do it by itself esp with you gkec helping idiot ! 

Archived