Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt50mm Imaging

hey all

im trying my new lunt 50mm out right now, qith my ZWOASi120MC. has anyone got any tips on imaging?, im unsure if the sun is focused or not. should i be able to see detail on the disc and the edge if the sun is focused or does that come out in processing?

any help would be a very much appreciated

Thank

Chris  

Hi Chris,

You should be able to see detail. Try turning the gamma down to minimum while you focus, that can help contrast, then move gamma up to normal/midway before you capture (I don't have the 120 so am not 100% sure how the gamma works). Also sometimes it can help to get a rough focus on the edge first, get it to go solid then try moving onto a feature on the disc.

Try capturing for about 60 seconds per movie as a starting point.

Hope that helps. Hopefully someone with the 120 can give some more ideas. Good luck with the first image!

Its just so strange, i cant seem to get a sharp edge on the disk at all, ive turned the focus ring as much as it will go in both directions. Im not 100% sure if its set up correctly for imaging 

Its just so strange, i cant seem to get a sharp edge on the disk at all, ive turned the focus ring as much as it will go in both directions. Im not 100% sure if its set up correctly for imaging 

Ah sounds like there is not enough inwards travel, edge should go sharp, no sharp edge means not in focus. Have a look at this thread here: does that help?

http://solarchat.natca.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14336

Ah sounds like there is not enough inwards travel, edge should go sharp, no sharp edge means not in focus. Have a look at this thread here: does that help?

http://solarchat.natca.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14336

you may have solved it for me. on the link you posted, the fourth picture down shows the camera screwed to the B600, i had my camera with the eyepiece adapter on like i normally would for planet imaging, ill go give it a try now!

Archived