Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium - I'm about to tear my hair out

Brent

Two, maybe three years back, I'm sure I saw a post (and I'm assuming it was on SGL) about the key combination to use to select empty space (i.e. between two objects for image framing purposes, especially useful where there isn't a star in the right position).

I'm sure I used it a few times successfully and have sadly since forgotten it. I've searched and searched on here and google to no avail. I've also checked the documentation without luck.

I've tried the usual suspects, e.g. Shift+Left Click, Ctrl+Left Click, Alt+Left Click, etc.

Does anybody know how to do it?

Right, sussed it, so for anyone else who might find it useful:

First off, you obviously have to be synced properly for this to work accurately.

You don't select a blank space with the cursor (as I initially thought), you frame the image as you want it (setting the imaging scale for your setup and enabling the framing reticle first is the most accurate way) and then press Alt+1 (instead of Ctrl+1).

The scope will then move to the centre position of the screen irrespective of whether there's a star or object there.

Archived