NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

23/2/2015 - Crater Gutenburg - Additional PIPP testing

Blazar

Hi guys. 

Decided to give the new version of PIPP some more targets to have a go at on a windy night (16mph odd). It was another struggle to focus (think its slightly soft), but here is a shot from the evenings fun. Crater Gutenburg makes quite a sight, with its shadows. It really does not look that tall, and the LROC data shows the variations in height. Also managed to get the Rimae Gutenburg in view (just), as well as Vallis Capella (again...just). Messier A also made quite a nice view with its twin 100KM long ejecta rays. in the end I had to give up as the wind was all over the place. I even had the tripod on its lowest setting to help lower the setup. I will try and post some more when I have had a look at them.  When using PIPP I set the AFB , and then clipped the edges in around 100 pixels on each side to cover off the scope moving around. The software however managed to pull an image out of every single AVI, so very impressed. I will be heading out again tonight (with any luck), as its only 12mph ;-)

Thanks for looking.

gallery_27945_3180_874859.png

Archived