Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap Skywatcher Pillar mount Mod

catman161

Hey guys,

Not so much a mod really, just a quick solution.

So if you have a pillar mount from skywatcher and were wanting to make it a little more stable and not make a massive ringing sound when you accidentally knock it whilst observing you can fill it with kiln dried sand. The problem is that the tube is open ended. So I found a supplier on eBay who sells plastic parts for plugging kitchen work surface legs. They were cheap so I took a punt and bought a couple for £6 delivered. The fit is perfect and will not be moved! It took me a while to get it to fit in snuggly as the fit is extremely tight so once in, it will be hard to remove. If you're worried about the weight of the sand pushing the plug out eventually, you could always use some self amalgamating rubber tape around the cap also.

Anyway heres a pic to show what I did :)

The cap

870204a0ab6512d47e88d5945be6d875.jpg

Fitted

caac1bbf34100ef83765668c32e06c63.jpg

Here's a link to the caps http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151329086705 select the 100mm caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived