Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron SkyQ 2

I haven't used an android device yet. but I have used a series of apple devices. iPhone 5s, iPad-2, Ipad Air2, all work smashing.

I would say that the alignment procedure via the device is a little fiddly. I haven't worked out how to align the scope directly, and then use the SkyQ with the current alignment - there seems no way to do this. Hence you are forced into alignment via SkyQ - and by touch screen is a little fiddly.

I'll see if I can find an android device and get back to you.

I bit the bullet myself a while ago, and the Celestron stuff tends to be good quality, but I suspect is commercial focused as delivering to one feature.  For instance, the Sky-Q could allow more telescope controls remotely, but there no software drivers to run on a PC that I can find - most useful really.  There are other technical options you could consider out there, out there but they tend not to work with Celestron products.

I 've bought the Sky-Sense auto align - same thing there - blumming good at one thing, but can't use it for anything else!

Let me know how you are getting on - I would like to know the limits to this technology.  I'm aiming for a fully remote system, but a way off yet I suspect!

Archived