Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Experimenting with 3D astro images

Hi I've prepared an experimental 3D stereo image (my recent Emerald and Garnet image). It comes in two forms for "cross eyed" and "relaxed eye" free viewing - the "relaxed eye" also work with stereo viewer devices.

This is the "relaxed eyes" version

get.jpg

This is the "crossed eyes" version

get.jpg

Thanks for viewing :)

Well done ...really great effect!   

The "relaxed eyes" version works best for me with the comet appearing to float in front of the background star field  :cool2:  ...but the comet in the "cross-eyes" version has the comet behind the star field for me so doesn't work.  :icon_scratch:

Mike

The "relaxed eyes" version works best for me with the comet appearing to float in front of the background star field  :cool2:  ...but the comet in the "cross-eyes" version has the comet behind the star field for me so doesn't work.  :icon_scratch:

Yup - that's fine - one should work for you and the other won't - about 67% of the population gets the crossed eyes to work while 33% can do the relaxed version. If you are using a stereo viewer device then you must use the relaxed eye version.  

Another technique is to use a vertical piece of card (or your hand), edge on, against your nose and touching the middle of your chin and forehead and observe the "relaxed eye" image. Close each eye in turn to check that the left hand image is hidden from your right eye and the right hand image is hidden from your left eye. Now use both eyes together and the 3D image should be quickly attained

Archived