NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eqmod(igive up)

jaygpoo

God I am to old for this chat site stuff as I did not look at the screen closely to see there was another page to look at . When I did I saw that Chris had responded with the necessary info from the top man. So Sorry also to white dwarf who also hinted at the problem. Still can not believe that an almosnew eqdir cable has failed. Thanks and thanks again for your time. I will be setting up a factory to make BOMB PROOF EQDIR CABLES on the cheap.   Jay

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all that replied just to close this one .  I brought a 5mtr serial cable to extend the cable from the hand set and then connected the serial to usb adapter. This means that only the signal cabel has been extended and the usb power lead is still the short length is was. The set up to my amazement works with the handset in pc mode when using CDC and if you disable PC mode it works in stellarium. This means that althogh I have now got a new EQdir  cable I do not need to use it as the serial cables can take so much more abuse.  My only frustration is that in using stellarium there is no way to open any other programmes without closing it down for some stupid reason WHY?  Many thanks again to all and GOOD SKIES

Archived