Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Barlow or Equivalent For Planetary Pleasure?

PhotoGav

Oh Oracle that is SGL, I need to get closer to my Planetary imaging targets, but please tell me, what Barlow or equivalent should I choose?

I have as much money as is necessary to do the job properly (that's on the assumption that it doesn't cost an absolute fortune!).

My current kit for planetary imaging is a Celestron EdgeHD 800, an ASI 120 mc-s and I have tried my Skywatcher 2x Barlow, but the quality of that Barlow is not up to it for me.

I look forward to your advice.

Recently someome posted an image of Jupiter that was very good, they had either a CPC 11 or CPC 9.25 - I think the latter. They used a TV 2x powermate. Post was something like gap in the clouds posted in the imaging section I think.

Always had trouble relocating it, but try that, about 1 to 2 weeks back.

Have a search and have a look at the image then if better then yours you may consider similar.

Change of scope, C-9.25 comes to mind now.

I can recall the power mate as I asked if they used a barlow, so that bit I do remember. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived