NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Question about rehousing an SPC900 webcam (lens removed)

BG

I have just completed the mod and used one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ITAG=SPEC&ModuleNo=33690&doy=25m3#spec - 120 x 78 x 43.

This was the smallest of this type of box that the camera would fit into.

The silver mount that holds the two boards just fits in the 43mm width. The mount is approx 50mm dia plus approx 5mm for the front boss. Therefore you need something around 55 x 55 x 45mm. This assumes that you leave the boards mounted inside the silver mount.

I felt that it would be more problematic trying to find another way of mounting the boards. Also the 120 x 43 sides are slotted internally for pcb boards so I fitted the 4066 to a long board that slid in a treat.

As yet I have not cut the 120 down - I will leave it and see whether I need to.

I found that this was a nice box to work with. Both end panels obviously can be removed. What is not obviouse is that 1 of the side panels also slides out ( one at 120 x 78 ). This made drilling holes for the cables and final assembly easier than with a solid box.

Rob

Archived