Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

c/2014 lovejoy stallerium android

ShaunyC

Hi all i know its abit late but finally decided to brake out my telescope to try cop a view of c/2014 lovejoy.. Had a rough idea where it was tonight but was hoping for a better idea after putting the stallerium app on my phone butdidnt help much since it seems you cant add objects like on the desktop version.. Am i missing something or is that the case? Bit gutted after shelling out s couple of quid for the pleasure...

Also regarding the commet i think i did find it next to 3 stars and looking like a blur.. Would that of been it looking as its going away? I tried magnifying more but my scope jst reminded me why it went back in the box! lol

The comet does look like a fuzzy 'ball' with a brighter centre to it. Sounds like you did get it. Doesn't need high mag, even in x10 or x15 binos it is nice. Don't focus on the comet, get the stars sharp and then the comet will be focussed

Stu

Hi thank you.. thought it was but without my telrad which i foegot.. It was more of a scan and hope kind of approach so was unsure plus i thought you might of been able to see a tail of sorts..

I was doi f my best to get the stats sharp which was ok through my 32mm n 20mm possl but going lower was no good and by the time i thought to add a barlow the cloud had set in..

But i remember before playing with my scope it was quite blury its a 127 celestron power seeker which after buying i found out its prob not the best budget scope to buy i even bought a set of possls which where darer than the scope, lol

Is there better apps out there for android phones than the stallarium one jst thought would of been top notch after my experiences on with it on my pc and especially after pauing for it.. Where there was plenty of other free ones to be had..

What apps are people using?

Archived