Jupiter and how to improve.

xanthiax

In the long term, you'll probably end up with a few EPs at short focal lengths because the difference in magnification can be significant.

And, as people have already pointed out, conditions vary, sometimes during a session.

I'd have to give a big thumbs up to the WO SPL 6mm as I think it's a fab EP at a reasonable price and gives the magical 200x in the 8" Skyliner.

However, I also have an 8mm TV plossl for when conditions aren't so good and the Celestron X-Cel LX 7mm for the gap in between! :)

Last week, it was the 7mm that hit the spot, but when the conditions are right, the extra magnification of the 6mm isn't half worth it!

The good thing about the 8mm however, is that with a 2x barlow it's fab on the moon.

But I'm realising that this isn't helping much.

Play it safe and go with an 8mm.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pic.I'm new also what kind of scope did you get and did it come with camera? Usually not right.

Hi. I got a skyliner 200p dob mount. No camera. I have a samsung note4 I just put my phone near the eye piece, moved it around a little n got the pics. Works better on bright objects like the moon. Jupiter is much better through the EP.

I will try connecting my dslr up to it eventually. Not ready yet tho ;)

Thanks. Used a iPhone amazing. But like you said it will work on bright objects. Good luck star gazing.now that leaves are gone maybe I can see stuff. And oh yeah those damn clouds..no I was talking to you. I didn't specify, another old person error. I'll get there.

Thanks. Used a iPhone amazing. But like you said it will work on bright objects. Good luck star gazing.now that leaves are gone maybe I can see stuff. And oh yeah those damn clouds..no I was talking to you. I didn't specify, another old person error. I'll get there.

Haha. Yeah good luck to you too. Where are you based?

Archived