Baader Hyperion Eyepiece set

Wolvie

Hi all,

Just ordered this set with the hopes that not only will it go well with my Skywatcher startravel 102 but the fact they will attach to my camera will be an additional bonus.

this is the set http://www.firstlightoptics.com/eyepiece-sets/baader-hyperion-eyepiece-set-complete.html if anyone can give me some feedback if they have some or the set and any other info on the only Xmas pressie im allowed have in the next 10 years (or so I'm told)

Thanks all,

Pat

Hi Pat,

They are really great eps, I have the 24,17,13 and 8mm. Although I have a celestron x-cel 2x Barlow, I find I never use it. And, yes, they work very well in my startravel 102.

However, I haven't got my DSLR (Canon 1DX) to work with them yet. I have the adaptor but think I need to add a spacer before I can bring it into focus.

Even if you don't get any more Xmas pressies for the next 10 years (although I bet you will), you'll find it well worth the sacrifice.

Hope you really enjoy them when they arrive, if you ordered them from FLO they give fantastic service and it's almost always next day delivery. They caught me out earlier this week, I ordered some stuff from them thinking they were closed until 5/1/15 only to get an email later in the day to say the shipment was on its way and sure enough, the next morning......

Hi Pat,

They are really great eps, I have the 24,17,13 and 8mm. Although I have a celestron x-cel 2x Barlow, I find I never use it. And, yes, they work very well in my startravel 102.

However, I haven't got my DSLR (Canon 1DX) to work with them yet. I have the adaptor but think I need to add a spacer before I can bring it into focus.

Even if you don't get any more Xmas pressies for the next 10 years (although I bet you will), you'll find it well worth the sacrifice.

Hope you really enjoy them when they arrive, if you ordered them from FLO they give fantastic service and it's almost always next day delivery. They caught me out earlier this week, I ordered some stuff from them thinking they were closed until 5/1/15 only to get an email later in the day to say the shipment was on its way and sure enough, the next morning......

Hi Gazabone,

I ordered them from an Irish store in Dublin as its only 90 mins away from where I live (If I decide I can't wait any longer haha) Looking forward to getting them now as I only have the super 10 and super 25 that came with the telescope thanks for the reply :)

I wrote this review of the Baader Hyperions a while back:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/blog/vixen-lvw-vs-baader-hyperion-review.html

I hope you enjoy yours when they arrive :smiley:

Hi John,

Great review and loads of time put into it (All well enjoyable I'm sure well jealous of it)

Im sure it the hyperions will be worth it to me and sometime in the future I'm sure I my experience with them will help me with future purchases :) 

Thanks for the link very informative.

Hi Tinker,

I have a T adaptor but wasn't sure if i needed another one or not and decided to wait for the EP's to come my better half (Just incase shes reading this and also because its it very very true) said if i needed another adapter i can get it :)

Thanks all for the kind words and info as I need all the help I can get 

Pat.

Hi Gazabone,

I ordered them from an Irish store in Dublin as its only 90 mins away from where I live (If I decide I can't wait any longer haha) Looking forward to getting them now as I only have the super 10 and super 25 that came with the telescope thanks for the reply :)

Hi John,

Great review and loads of time put into it (All well enjoyable I'm sure well jealous of it)

Im sure it the hyperions will be worth it to me and sometime in the future I'm sure I my experience with them will help me with future purchases :) 

Thanks for the link very informative.

Hi Tinker,

I have a T adaptor but wasn't sure if i needed another one or not and decided to wait for the EP's to come my better half (Just incase shes reading this and also because its it very very true) said if i needed another adapter i can get it :)

Thanks all for the kind words and info as I need all the help I can get 

Pat.

If you've only ever looked through a super 10 and super 25 you have a real treat in store, the first time I looked through a Hyperion I got a sensation of almost falling into the telescope, it was that immersive :-)

If you've only ever looked through a super 10 and super 25 you have a real treat in store, the first time I looked through a Hyperion I got a sensation of almost falling into the telescope, it was that immersive :-)

Hey Gazabone,

Yup as far as EP's go I have only ever looked through the bog standard, come in the box super 10 and 25.

Unfortunately the store I bought the EP's from was out of stock but the guy is hopeful (no where near as much as me) that they will be in today or tomorrow and he is going to overnight ship them for me.

Not that I would get to use them in the weather we are having here in the sunny south east of Ireland :0 but I will settle with having them in my hand at this stage hahaha.

And coupled with the fact that a few extra Euros has appeared in the last week the better half is getting her new kitchen and whatever is left over I'm allowed get a new scope :) so been shopping and doing some homework on a Skywacther Quattro 10CF imaging newtonian.

Fingers crossed and thanks for letting me know how much I will enjoy the EP's when they finally get here.

Pat.

Hi all,

It just blows me away when I got the new baader EP's the difference between the bog standard came with the scope EP and the new set hopefully the picture will upload and see the EP on the right is the super 10 I have been using and on the left the baader 10mm.

Now all I need is clear sky's hahaha.

Pat.

post-37975-0-51475000-1421112595.jpg

Archived