Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good early Evening Lunar

Astro Imp

Had an early evening view of Luna and caught Aristachus/Herodotus right on the terminator giving a great view of Schroter's Valley, the best yet.

I am using the Luna 100 as an observing guide and No.42 is the Marius Hills. I moved up to Marius and found a region to the NW that looked like an old table tennis bat with a number of small rises, I saw about 15 but there were obviously more to come as the sun rose. Are these the hills I was searching for?

BTW my count of the Luna 100 now stands at 54, unfortunately any further progress to-night has been curtailed by cloud.

Sounds like a lovely session, Alan. Just arrived home from work. I'll cook some dinner and then around midnight, try an evening with the Moon. I'll try to check out Schroter's Valley and Marius Hills. I was given a book in Spanish this Christmas whose translation is 'Discover The Moon'. It's not a Lunar 100 but does have some interesting sessions to work through. I'll let you know how I get along.

Archived