NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 1647 RGB

Earl

Finally something to show for the dome install.

Tak FSQ106 reduced to F3.6 on a Tak EM400
Framing and centering with SGP
Guiding with PHD2
Capture with Nebulosity 3
6 x 600s R, G and B, processed in PI

Found 2 fuzzies in there while processing.

post-6688-0-24191600-1419814983_thumb.pn

Hoorah, congratulations on getting the pleasure dome up and running!

I just wonder if you have gone for too long a sub exposure time for this image? The star colour seems quite washed out. At f3.6 you are gathering a great deal of light with each second!

What about Noel's Increase Star Colour?  :grin: I find that very helpful since I do tend to go for long exposures to get the faint stuff.

For me the background's a tad dark. Very flat though. Great focus and tracking.

Good to see you in action. You have a Tak 400 mount? Well now!!!  :icon_salut:

Olly

What about Noel's Increase Star Colour?  :grin: I find that very helpful since I do tend to go for long exposures to get the faint stuff.

For me the background's a tad dark. Very flat though. Great focus and tracking.

Good to see you in action. You have a Tak 400 mount? Well now!!!  :icon_salut:

Olly

Today I plan to take my flats for starters, and hope the will sort the nasty corners I cut out ;)

The back ground is a pain, as in PS and PI its different and its also different on different forums, I shall have a tinker later when I have the flat calibrated data I think.

I have the 400 atm yes, its a loaner (consider to purchase at the same time) while my AP 900s electronics are in the hands of AP to sort out, It has an intermitent slewing issue which has yet to be resolved, I do like this Tak mount, its delivering the goods now I have a far better PA, its not perfect and ill refine it next session once more.

Archived