Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

white balance issues

I went out last night and ran off 97 30 second exposures of an area of sky, I shot in Tungston white balance to help control any redness in the sky, however when DSS gave me my final image, the red is very prominent, judging by the histogram in both cases how can my colours shift so dramatically during the DSS processing? where have I gone wrong in my settings with DSS please?

the top image is a single image as seden in photoshop and the bottom one is 97 of them combined in DSS.

Neil.

post-31872-0-79797800-1419698435.png

post-31872-0-78816100-1419698458.png

The pictures you saw initially were just 'previews' , if you shot in RAW mode the data that was caught was the raw unadulterated data that arrived on the chip , regardless of the 'white balance effects' added by the camera.

If you open one of the subs in Canon's DPP you will see that you can 'change' those in-camera settings but this still leaves the raw intact.

Just re-align the R,G and B in DSS or PS to suit ...  :smiley:

Archived