NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Christmas Eve Sol

Pig

Its just grand not having to get out of bed for work and its even better when you are awoken by blazing sunshine coming through the gaps in the curtains and just to top the cake with a cherry the Mrs had to go to work :grin: I think I annoyed her with my gloating as she wouldn't let me drop her off, anyhow back to the sun.

There is a great display going on in the 3 O'clock position where a very large "M" shape prominence is doing its best to destroy xmas day for us all, all the same it is a wonderful sight and is worth a look if you get clear skies. There is another prom directly opposite that is quite small at the moment but it is very bright indeed, it looks a little like a cathedral with some very tall spires , I am sure this is going to go pop at any time so I will keep my eye on it.

There are a few sunspots dotted about but they are not always as obvious in Ha and my other scope is upstairs so I cant get to see the sun in white light for the time being.

The surface is another kettle of fish and is absolutely bubbling with excitement today with loads of granulation and swirls making up that lovely kaleidoscope pattern that I have mentioned many times. The overall colour of the sun is absolutely outstanding a very vibrant burnt orange colour.

Well I am off back outside to catch some winter rays.

Update:

As I expected the cathedral prom has just burst into Christmas song and is now detached from the surface, excellent viewing :laugh:

Merry Xmas to you all and have a safe Christmas :laugh:

Archived