NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OSC processing: What tutorials are available?

Dark Matter

AA5 is excellent for calibrating, stacking and debayering OSC images. This will give you a nice calibrated linear image to take elsewhere (you have Photoshop) for processing. The AA5 instructions are not bad but I think Harry Page has a tutorial on AstroArt for OSC processing. Try Harry's Astro Shed.

I'm a terribly promiscuous processor so I would take the linear stack from AA5 (with the edges cropped off) into Pixinsight for DBE and SCNR green and the process them mostlmy in Ps thereafter. Just me, I stress. If you fancy Pixinsight for going all the way then Harry has the tutorials. I wouldn't do any post processing in AA5 myself. Layers are the life blood of processing for me.

Olly

I have an SXVF-M25C and I use MaxIm DL to de-Bayer and stack the camera's output but AA5 will do the same job just as well. I apply a light stretch in MaxIm DL being careful not to clip that black point and then save the file as a 16bit TIF file in readiness for importing into PhotoShop CS3 where I carry out the rest of the post processing.

I appreciate that this doesn't answer the 'tutorial' part of your question but at least there is a pattern forming here - move into PS for the majority of the work! Layers, oh yes, layers .... :grin: :grin:

Archived