Tell me...

Andrew,

M42 and T thread are slightly different in thread pitch,

you 'may' be able to get a M42 lens to fit into your T ring depending on how sloppy the threads are, but it may only go in a couple of turns and you may not achieve focus with it.

only giving it a try will tell,

having said that proper M42 adapters are quite cheap on ebay.

Ian

Ah right. M42 lenses have a slightly different thread to the T adapter. So the answer is no, they don't attach with a male T-thread. If you want to use M42 lenses with your Minolta camera you have to take off the T-ring and replace it with the Minolta to M42 adapter i linked too.

I've probably still got the wrong end of the stick.....i'm pretty dim! :?

Russ

Ah right. M42 lenses have a slightly different thread to the T adapter. So the answer is no, they don't attach with a male T-thread. If you want to use M42 lenses with your Minolta camera you have to take off the T-ring and replace it with the Minolta to M42 adapter i linked too.

I've probably still got the wrong end of the stick.....i'm pretty dim! :?

Russ

Russ I am pretty dim too in fact I dare say I am dimmer than you :insects1: I may start a separate thread about it

Russ I am pretty dim too in fact I dare say I am dimmer than you insects1 I may start a separate thread about it

:insects1:

I think what i meant to say was i'm pretty slow at picking up the jist of things. But dim will do too. :afro:

Archived