Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Next Step to help improve my images

John1980

Ok. I am relatively new to this however I beleive have a reasonable understanding of the concepts.

So far I am using a 127 mak with a canon 550d. I am currently using movie modes to capture avi's and stacking in registax as I believe I am getting better results this way than taking still images. I am using wavelets to no real method other than playing with them until I am happy with the final image.

I have loved this whole process and am both happy and a little bit proud of some of the images I have taken. However now I would like to improve and wonder what the next step is. I have used photoshop a couple of times in the past for pther things but am a complete beginner and so have not looked at it yet.

Please could someone suggest alternative methods of capturing. Alternative techniques for post processing. Or point me in the direction of any good tutorials.

I have googled it but have only come across basic things I am already doing.

In the future I would love to upgrade my scope however I know I am not yet at the potential of the equipment I have.

Many Thanks

Ok. I am relatively new to this however I beleive have a reasonable understanding of the concepts.

So far I am using a 127 mak with a canon 550d. I am currently using movie modes to capture avi's and stacking in registax as I believe I am getting better results this way than taking still images. I am using wavelets to no real method other than playing with them until I am happy with the final image.

I have loved this whole process and am both happy and a little bit proud of some of the images I have taken.

Please could someone suggest alternative methods of capturing.

Many Thanks

Hi, I have not seen any of your images, but I am curious from what you have said as to what you are trying to image. If you are trying to image planets, then taking avis is fine. If you are trying to image DSOs then you must and have to take longer exposures. I am on mobile so can't see if your mount is a tracking one or not. If it isn't you need to take 20-30 sec exposures, if it is you could potentially get up to 1 min. Your scope is a long focal length with a smallish aperture so not ideally suited to DSOs but perceivere.

Ian

Archived