Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Setting up a CG 5GT?

I've recently purchased one of these mounts second hand, a step up from my Nexstar 6se. When I do the alignment it always picks stars from the west which aren't visable as my garden faces East. If I change the filter limits it will choose stars in the east, which is great for home, but not the west.

Is this normal for this type of mount? Or have I missed something obvious? My only previous experience is with the nextstar and that covers all the sky. I like to try and go to dark sites as often as I can and having to keep changing the filter limits seems a bit faffy.

Hi Ya Big Bedroom and a very warm welcome to the SGL - I think you can select which "part" of the sky you want to align in - when you get the screen with the alignment stars - it shows your first alignment star - I think - if you press the "Menu" button at this point, you can scroll through North, South, East and West -  think it gives you the appropriate letter in the top right hand part of the screen - All this is going off memory, but think its correct - just have a go and do a dummy run and have a look if you can - the handset will then give you alignment stars for the selected "piece" of sky.

Paul.

Archived