Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time scope photograpy

Hi guys and girls

Tonight i made a first attempt using my unmodded canon 1100d with t adaptor attached to my celestron nexstar 127 slt.

I know these pics are nowhere near the quality of some on here but we all have to start somewhere lol.

first try at Andromeda M31 and M32

IMG_0113.jpg

and M27 the Dumbbell Nebula

IMG_0121.jpg

Both were taken in my back garden, with lots of light pollution and hazy/cloudy skies lol

Any tips would be greatly recieved

Chris

How many exposures did you take Chris? I imaged M31 last weekend and took 20x3 mins (guided) and it still wasn't enough! Keep your exposures down to 30 secs at ISO800 and do as many as you can! Stack them in DSS (free download) and finish them using a photo type program like Photo Shop or Gimp (which is free also!)

Hope I helped?  :smiley:

Cheers

Ron

How many exposures did you take Chris? I imaged M31 last weekend and took 20x3 mins (guided) and it still wasn't enough! Keep your exposures down to 30 secs at ISO800 and do as many as you can! Stack them in DSS (free download) and finish them using a photo type program like Photo Shop or Gimp (which is free also!)

Hope I helped?  :smiley:

Cheers

Ron

Hi

I took 3 or 4 half decent shots at 30 secs on each possibly ISO of 1600 or 3200

as i said the clouds rolled in before i could play around too much with the settings, but next time i will try other ISO's.

I have photoshop so i will give that a try next time too. im hoping to look at making a portable power tank soon so i can venture to clearer skies so i can escape the dreaded street lights and block of flats at the end of my garden lol

Thanks for the advise.

Chris

Archived