NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Next steps

aqualand

hello,

Im currently imaging with an unmodified 1100d on a 130 pds and an heq5. Getting 90 sec subs with decent PA.

Im thinking about guiding but wondering if light pollution is going to be a stumbling block so wondering on options for my next steps;

1. Go straight for guiding say qhy5 and st80, approx £300 setup

2. Get camera modified and invest in cls clip ligtht pollution filter, approx £200.

Im wondering which would be the best option to go next given that money constraints wont allow me to just invest in bith at once. Is light pollution going to cause problems with guiding without some sort of filter or will i still get increased subs without totally washing out the image?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Garry

Hi I live just 5/10 min from Leicester City Centre so lots of LP, I use the QHY5 and a 9 x 50mm Finder/Guider and I have also used the ST80 both produce lots of stars to guide from with no filter using PHD. I only have an EQ5 but get good guiding up to 600s could push for more but happy at 10 min subs for now. I got used to guiding and using my unmodded 650D camera then when I could afford it got myself a modded 600D camera. On a HEQ5 most likely get even longer subs, this will be my next upgrade :)

Archived