NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sunday Sunshine

Pig

Beautiful clear sky this morning with only the odd cloud here and there. I am also listening to Otis Redding "sitting on the dock of the bay" which makes the morning even nicer :laugh:

My intention was to stay up and see Jupiter, unfortunately I dropped off at some point and missed her  :shocked: How annoying is that !!!On the plus side I awoke to see a lovely shining sun.

The 2 large proms from yesterday are still there, although they are starting to thin out nicely now and are not as dense, this thinning is allowing us to see quite a number of proms that are grouped together and their fine detail is excellent to say the least.

The arcing prom is also still there but it is much more pronounced and quite a way out from the surface than it was yesterday so I guess quite an explosion has happened over night.

There is also a new prom that has popped up around the 4 O'clock position that has potential so I will keep my eye on this one. There are also a few smaller proms dotted around the suns circumference and these may develop into something larger.

The surface although pretty clear from spots it looking the most beautiful burnt orange colour, maybe its a coincidence but the colour matches that of the autumn season.

The combination of the ever changing granulation and filaments are fantastic and they blend in great with the wonderful swirls and other footprints left behind from previous activity.

Its a joy to see so fingers crossed lets hope it stays like this for the rest of the day   :laugh:

Im visiting relatives today so away from scope, yur description ismist interesting. When j left home the sky was really clear and sunny , however the moon very very clear.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

Archived