NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron AVX error codes 17 & 16

CSM

Had the scope about a month and working fine until tonight.  Woke it up from hibernation, entered info and selected the Moon.  It started to slew and then stopped with the HC dead, then alive, then dead, etc.  Appears that the cable caught in something half-dislodged the connection.  Put it back in, switched on, verifying packages, then initialise and the error code 17 followed by 16 if Back used.  Tried it several times with same results.

If http://www.astronomyforum.net/celestron-nexstar-telescope-forum/175995-advanced-vx-mount-no-response-17-16-a.html

is to be believed then it sounds like reflashing job.  Anyone any other ideas?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It would appear that noone else, at least in the UK, has had this problem though there are reports in telescope.org.  Unfortunately I was unable to reflash the hand controller, which is the recommended solution, because the Celestron Firmware Manager doesn't work with the current version of Java (Aug 20th) on any of my 2 Windows 7 computers, or even the XP which has a slightly older Java version.  If anyone else experiences similar problems I would be interested in hearing from them.

Archived