NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reducer/flattner and LP filters

jambouk

The filter will be thin enough not to cause any significant change in the light path. Probably the important thing is maintain the correct chip - reducer/flattener distance.

I've used a 2" DS filter with a coma corrector on my DSLR .

Mark

A 2" filter will only screw onto the back (DSLR end) of the reducer, but in doing so adds an extra 8mm between the reducer and the DSLR.

There is an extension tube which attaches onto the front of the reducer and allows filters to be screwed in pre-reducer; but I wonder if that contributes to greatly worse vignetting...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/flo-adapter-for-skywatcher-focal-reducers.html

James

Putting the filter between the reducer and the dslr causes artefact at the edges of the field, very unflat i presume. I also cold welded the filter into the eos t ring. So sticking with the extension tube method and will try that out.

James

Archived