NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sdhc cards for canon d

craigb1970

My new a Canon 60D arrived today and I would be interested in recommendations for sdhc cards. Looking at various camera forums there are possible issues with certain makes of card in relation video, with the Canon 60D, PNY in particular came up a couple of times

Whatever you get make it at least a class 10 with the highest read/write speed you can find and make it an SDXC version. I don't care for PNY myself. I'd go for a Transcend Extreme Ultra or a kingston with the same specs.

I use either Sandisk or Lexar banded cards which I buy from photo dealers having twice fallen foul of fake cards on  of Ebay... If something is too good to be true then the chances are it is...

My Sandisk Is  a 16 GB Extreme Pro  SDHC Class 10 UHS-1  which is capable of 95 MB/s and when matched with a USB3.0 reader flies...

My Lexar  is a 64 GB Professional 400X speed  SDXC Class 10 UHS-1   which is slower at 60 MB/s but If I am shooting ALL-I video with the 5D III i need the extra capacity and it's fast enough...

Peter...

Not everything on which class 10 is printed gives a decent speed... i use a platinum sdxc class 10 / 64gb, fast enough. Had to send an Amazon-branded back as it was not hitting the required speed on write access.

Archived