NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eqmod focuser

ultramol

I am in the process of setting up eqmod and was wondering,do Ineed some kind of interface between my skywatcher autofocuser and eqmod.Or do I simply connect the focuser to the computer somehow. Thanks in advance....Geoff.

you need to download the hitec astro ascom driver for the skywatcher autofocuser of course and you can use there little software package which runs separately to control focus, as it`s ascom compatible, EQmod can control the focuser but i us either APT, Artimis or Nebulosity 3 capture programs and all these programs and others will run the focuser straight from there software package so i don`t really need to use the EQmod program for anything else than run the mount. 

I maybe wrong, but I believe you need an interface box between the auto focuser and your PC - something like this: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/hitecastro/hitecastro-dc-focus-controller.html

The name auto focuser is incorrect as it doesn't autofocus at all. You just focus using the buttons on the handset instead of turning the focus knob on the focuser.

Archived