Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion XT6 accessory tray

pbeville

Hated not having a place to put my star maps and eyepieces when using my XT6, so I went on down to Home depot and remedied the situation! Made using an 8" by 11" inch oak board and two right angle joints. Sanded off the edges a bit so I don't stab myself in the leg. It's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done! Now to see how it does in action.

I'd like to drill 1.25" holes to hold my eyepieces, but that'll be a later addition.

Looks a very handy add on, Pbeville. I think I'm going to have to sort myself out something similar, perhaps a little table. I have my sketching material, maps etc all scattered on the floor around me and everytime I need something it becomes a bit of an effort :rolleyes2:

It's not pretty, so good thing I use it in the dark!

Don't worry about looks, mate :smiley: I think you'd laugh if you saw me. Summer jungle green hat, pirate's eye patch :icon_pirat: , sitting in my boxers on an old lady's ironing chair :rolleyes2: And that's only in the summer :grin:

Archived