NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RDF and RACI on a SCT

Hi, i currently use a RDF on a celestron nexstar 6se. I wanted to add a RACI aswell but am a little unsure how i would attach both?

Is there a double bracket or something like that which would accomdate both?

Hi 'Geemac' and welcome to SGL.

I own a Celestron C6/SCT. On mine, near the base of the finderscope bracket are 2x machine screws with crosshead. They are for attaching the Celestron camera bracket. (Do not unscrew the others that are symmetrically spaced around the tube as these hold the tube to the mirror cell/visual back assembly). The machine screws are not very long, so you may need to get some longer ones. (I think they are 6/32" UNC). Alternately self-adhesive velcro or double sided adhesive tape may work.

I am at work at the moment and unable to add any photos. I you can bear with me I add some to this post later in the week.

Hi Phill thanx yes would be good to see a photo, i think i know where you mean, il have a look and see if i can find the camera bracket on line and see.

Cheers Nicoscy, il check that one out.

Cheers guys.

Hi mike, thats impresive! Ive found a Baader 10x60 finder maybe a little expensive but also found a celestron illuminated 9x50 which is half the price!

Would there be a huge difference in the performance?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived