Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

K3ccdtools - imaging question.

dweller25

Hello all,

Just a quick newbie question.

For my first attempt at imaging I set the size to 640 x 480 pixels.

If I drop this down to 320 x 240 pixels do I get the same resolution ?

I'm assuming the only thing that changes at 320 x 240 is the size of the image file - but I'd be happy to stand corrected :D

All comments welcome.

Regards,

D25

No, you get half the resolution so your images will not be as good. I did some tests pointing the 'scope and webcam at a wall, but those got lost in a dead computer (I think, maybe they're backed up somewhere) which was enlightening. For planets you can change the resolution and get just the centre bit recorded at some settings, but I seem to remember that the half size was the whole frame just more blocky.

If you get a chance to try this, do it and make your own mind up as to what's best. If your tracking is very good you can save on file sizes by reducing the resolution so that you only capture the centre bit where the planet is, but the amount of chip used varies with the various settings so at half size you get the whole chip represented but only half the pixels.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived