Afocal M38 27/02/08

Whippy

Another great effort with the Afocal system.

I like the mucked about bit. It's a good process. :D

It looks very much like M38 to me CW. M36 has stars more concentrated in the centre.

Messier Album description, not mine. :lol:.

Ron.

Another great effort with the Afocal system.

I like the mucked about bit. It's a good process. :D

It looks very much like M38 to me CW. M36 has stars more concentrated in the centre.

Messier Album description, not mine. :lol:.

Ron.

What like this you mean,Ron? :lol:

Same image brightened,saturated and despeckled. There are quite a few more stars wanting to get out but I have just done a quick job to see if the extra detail clarifies it's identity. I still think we are looking at M36 to be honest but the point I was really trying to make is that the same image appears in both posts and I'd like to see the other one be it 36 or 38 . :lol:

Cheers

CW

(click for more stars)

Ron, CW, Aplogies. This pic is M38, I've glanced through a couple of shot on t'net and this is definately it. So the M36 shot I've posted is wrong, I'll ammend it now. Thanks for the heads up :D.

Mental note: Don't take too many shots of the same kinds of objects in the same night, it'll only lead to confusion....

Tony..

Hi. CW.

I have scanned the M38 image in Messiers Album, to see if it clarifies the situation.

I hope the book has it right, maybe the images are wrong in there. Wouldn't be the first time that has occurred.

Anyway Mate, see what you reckon. Heres the book pic.

Ron. :D

4160_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

No probs,Ron. :D Wasn't sure which it was,didn't check,only that it appeared under two titles.

Must say it looks a spot on likeness of the image of M38 you have posted. Thanks for that,Ron and Congrats' Tony on an excellent capture. Can I ask,is the image subject to vignetting or did you delete the surrounding stars to highlight the subject?

Cheers

CW

It's just good old vignetting CW. When the camera is connected to the eyepiece, I have to bring the camera lens right back to get everything in due to the long winded nature of focusing. I should crop it but <insert pathetic excuse here>.....

Tony..

Archived