NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Starsense problem with time and date

Hi - my starsense unit doesn't retain the time and date when it's turned off although it retains the location.  The manual states that time and date only need to be entered once for a given location.  Has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, I'd appreciate any comments.

They don't.

It makes a bit of sense, you likely know the date and time, but if the battery maintaining this died then you may find the mount unusable. Also means they have to allow people to get inside the system to change it.

Thanks for responses. It isn't a major chore to set time on each occasion but the manual seems to my reading to say it shouldn't be necessary. As long as it aligns ok I'll be happy I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong and that the unit was working properly. I've emailed Celestron support, I'll post their response

Archived